We have asked Carolina Ramirez, founder of CRH collective , to share her thoughts with us about her love for hotels, and Amberlair, of course. And before you ask, a #BohoLover is a Boutique Hotel lover… just like us!
How do you choose a hotel when you travel?
I live for word of mouth, no matter how many times you google or tripadvisor a city, I always lean towards recommendations from friends of friends. Additionally, I’m a huge fan of AHotelLife.com and usually turn to them for reviews/inspiration as well.
If you had to choose 3, which were the most special (boutique) hotels you have ever stayed at and what made them so special?
La Mammounia in Marrakech
Papaya Playa Project in Tulum
Miss Clara in Stockholm
While each VERY different, they all go that extra mile in making you not only feel welcome but like a local, the anti-toursit. La Mammounia makes you feel like royalty the second you step in, Papaya Playa Project’s huts on the beach make it possible to live that gypset lifestyle if only for a weekend and Miss Clara is located in the center of Stockholm with unbeatable Scandinavian design.
If you had your own boutique hotel, what 3 things would you make sure existed?
- Signature scent, it’s one of those things that has the ability to transport you to an exact memory
- Regular sized toiletries, there is never enough conditioner for this latin mane
- Cultured in-destination programming – nobody wants to be a tourist anymore, any hotel that invites locals in is doing it right
Name 3 things you loved in hotels you stayed in before…
- Signature scent – The Peninsula in Paris and the 1 Hotel Miami have both nailed it in my book
- Soho House programming
- The Edition Miami Le Labo toiletries took them ALL home!
Name 3 things you wouldn’t want to experience in a hotel ever again.
- Sounds petty but paying for wifi? Its 2016..
- Bad room service, no one should ever be forced to have an overpriced club sandwich again
- Overpriced mini bar- who needs such tiny bottles of booze anyways?!
How do you feel about the Amberlair concept?
Sounds amazing and can’t wait to see the end result, as hospitality is always changing I think this is definitely a concept that’s going to shake things up !
Where are you off to next?
Holbox, MX for whale shark diving, bucket list trips are always exciting.
Like a double shot of espresso – or cortadito – Carolina’s energy is unmistakeable. Never one to turn down the opportunity to hop on a plane, attend a last-minute black tie gala or whip up a dinner party for 20; this global nomad has mastered the art of collecting memories not things. With a passion for travel, design, food and all things jet-set, Carolina loves sharing all of her fab-finds: think spicy cocktails, late-night dining, secret gems, and so much more.
You can find Carolina Ramirez on Twitter and Instagram.