Love boutique hotels? Then you will love tomorrow’s #luxtravelchat with our co-host @amberlair. Join me, @mrsoaroundworld @luxurytravelmom @luxtravelchat Pls RT
What was your most memorable hotel experience? Join us and @amberlair for this week’s #luxtravelchat!
#luxtravelchat this week has @amberlair as special guests. We will be talking boutique hotels for sure.
Best of welcoming tweets on Twitter by @mrsoaroundworld, @luxurytravelmom and @luxtravelchat before #LuxTravelChat on September 24, 2015.
The one and only #LuxTravelChat on Twitter was founded by UK-based Ana Silva O’Reilly of Mrs. O around the world and US-based Kim Marie Evans of Luxury Travel Mom with the aim to bulid a global luxury travel community on Twitter, where like minded people can meet.
On Thursday, September 24, #LuxTravelChat and Amberlair were talking about boutique hotels. A big thank you to all of you who joined us! Here are the quite impressive results.
Top answers to question No. 1
Q1. Which was the best boutique hotel you ever visited? What made it so special? #luxtravelchat
Almost everyone mentioned a different hotel. Here are the top 15:
- Ett Hem in Stockholm
- San Giorgio in Mykonos
- Singita Lodges in Africa
- Finca Cortesin in Spain
- Cap Rocat in Mallorca
- The Kensington Hotel in London
- The Greenwich Hotel in New York
- Fogo Island Inn in Canada
- The George in Rye in England
- Ham Yard Hotel in London
- The Inn at Hastings Park in Massachusetts
- The Laguna Beach House in California
- Rachamankha in Chiang Mai
- Canaves Oi in Santorini
- Tongabezi in Zambia
Top answers to question No. 2
Q2. If you had to name 3 things you will never forget at a hotel, what would they be? #luxtravelchat
- Service! People make the difference. Warm and friendly staff make your stay.
- Details, design and comfy beds
- Location, view and atmosphere
Top answers to question No. 3
Q3. Which were the 3 things you would never want to see again at a hotel? #luxtravelchat
- Wi-Fi charges!
- Dirt, stained bed sheets and bed bugs
- Outdated or cookie-cutter design, scuffed furniture
- Bad service, unfriendly and grumpy staff
Top answers to question No. 4
Q4. One of the features of @amberlair will be the bars – gin, champagne, whiskey and more. Personal favourite? #luxtravelchat
Top answers to question No. 5
Q5. Voting for @amberlair has started: where will you vote? Spain, Italy or South Africa #luxtravelchat
On Thursday the #LuxTravelChat community voted for:
- Italy — 48%
- Spain — 30 %
- South Africa — 22%